Tuesday, July 27, 2004

7:27

Heya kids I think we've worked out all the kinks with this thing. Anywho, myspace did us over last week by losing the entry, so it's gone somewhere to the tenth dimension. As for this week, the fun returns for you and your pet midget. Anways, before we begin this entry, i'd like to dedicate this to a good friend of mine. Alas, the battle wages on: \

The Celebration: Yeah, we beat the system and had this title years ago, albeit a Euro version, but it's not anything new to our loyal customers. Well, the rest of America finally got on the bandwagon and released this sucker officially for you to enjoy. A story about a family coming together to enjoy a 60th birthday, but like a bad episode of Melrose Place, all hell breaks loose. One, if not the first feature to deliver the Dogme style, i'ts an hour and forty-six minutes of Scandinavian goodness.

Hellboy(!): Now, I'm no sucker for crap, but I saw this in the theaters and it knocked my socks off. Well, not literally or you know, at all, but I have to say I did enjoy my time. If you liked the comic books than it'll suffice. If you like popcorn movies, then it'll do. If you like big red things, well this baby is for you. In all seriousness, it ain't horrible. Except, for the first twenty minutes I kept thinking to myself, "since when was Tom Waits in this movie?"

Ned Kelly: Vrrrrrrrrooooooooooommmmmmm.... Whoa man! Did you see that go by?! Yeah? What was that?! Oh, it was Ned Kelly starring Heath Ledger. As I'm guessing, you didn't know when that came out either. So here it is in all it's glory waiting for you to rent it and justify it's budget. Yup, it is a remake of that Mick Jagger flick, but this one is actually Australian. Also stars the oh-so dreamy Orlando Bloom and that fiesty Naomi Watts.

Whole Ten Yards: Bruce Willis and Chandler return in this sequel about a cute gangsta and his friend. I think Amanda Peet is the gangsta, I don't know, I could be wrong. All I remember from the trailers is Bruce Willis wearing an apron. Hey, isn't Hulk Hogan in this movie too? I think they have matching aprons. How wonderful! Anyways, if you missed it in theaters, here's your chance to see Mr. Willis get in touch with his metrosexuality. Yippe Kayay, honeybunch! That's it for the newish stuff, one more though, that's not so new... High Art: Same story applies as the Celebration, so officially it is out on DVD for you.

and lastly, OUTFOXED: if you want more leftists documentaries, well this is the next big thing. It's an 'investigative' doc about Rupert Murdoch and the Fox news Channels. We have a few for rent and couple for sale, only $9.99! Jeepers! That'll make any tree-huggin, gov't-hating hippie jump for joy. I think Mr. Moore would be proud.

Thank you sweetie for joining me today. And since we've been at it for a couple of weeks now, let us know how we are doing. Would you rather read the stock report backwards while under the influence? I would too, but give us a shout out. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment