Thursday, June 17, 2004

8:17

See I told you we'd be back on time. I hope everything is going well, the weather's dying down a little, but it's hot in here, oh boy! So I gots somethin good for y'alls, a bunch of sensible items for you and your baby. one, two, three go!

Ali G Season 1: Sup Biatches! Some dude came in the other day axing for diz shit, 'cet he ax fo "Alig." An em like wut diz foo talkin bout? okay, that's harder than I thought, back to normal. But for schizzle. This British made-US stolen series from HBO is out on DVD. Come watch as he hs fun with politicos, laymen, you and me. Oh and don't forget the gin & juice.

Cho Revolution: A friend of mine was once in a pseudo-goth fashion show, I went to see her strut her stuff until unbeknownst to me, does Margaret Cho come swooshing down the runway. WTF? She was dressed in this lacy red number flailing her arms about. Understand that I was not under the influence of anything, which made me scratch my head. It wasn't until later I relaized that she was getting some material for her latest stand up, Cho Revolution. I think she could've saved some space and money and called Chovolution. See, isn't that better? Anywho, this is the latest from her trilogy of DVDs. And if you are Communist or a proud Cuban, I am sorry if the cover offends you.

Godsend: A cut-out of Bob De Niro's head hovers over me as I write to make sure I say nothing but nice things about his latest thriller. No Bob, I am talking about you, not to you. He plays a crazy scientist who does something wierd to Charlize Theron and Gregger Kinnear's creepy-ass kid. This kid is wierder than that whispering brat in the Sixth Sense. It's ok, just don't let him look you in the eye. Or De Niro for that matter.

The Kieslowski Collection: From the director of the Three Colors Trilogy and the Decalogue, comes a collection of his other films, like Blind Chance, Camera Buff, No End, and the Scar. This films have no tie-in to each other aside from the filmmaker. So come get acquainted with some of the other things he's done. Please.

Mayor of the Sunset Strip: Rodney Bingeheimer was an outcast from a young age. He grew up to be a king in the LA music scene and befriend legends like Bowie, Jagger and others. He does not know how to play an instrument, has no other talent, and hell, isn't a sight for sore eyes, but people flock to him like white on rice. What makes him so dreamy, so gosh darn popular. I have no flippin clue, but this doc will give you some insight into his amazing albeit lonley life. Roq on.

NY Minute: Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh yeah. The one we've been waiting for here at VT. One's an Anoxeric drug addict (allegedly) and the other is just Ashley. Who's your favorite? I'm a Lohan fan. See them run amok in the big apple, making another billion dollars. Oh woe is me.

Martin Scorsese Collection: And yet another collection by another great director. People are on the ball these days. This one includes: Brand new prints of Mean Streets and Goodfellas, also for the first time on DVD Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, After Hours, and his debut, Who's That Knock at my Door? For you movie geeks come get these before they get violent with you. Taking Lives: Ethan Hawke and that Angelina Jolie lady team up in this thriller. They hunt down a serial killer who not only kills you to death, but takes your identity too! Talk about salt on the wounds! Ouch!

Bon Voyage: This one's from France. Tis a tiny tale about a group who try to escape those Nazi's in Paris. The social classes mesh in this one, as no one is discriminated from death! Phew!! That's so much, I almost lost my fingers!!

Thanks for sticking around this time out, remember we still have our Tarantino and Democracy sections! Please come, we miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment