Tuesday, February 22, 2005

02:22

Hey'all After the sudden demise of our planet earth, and the collapse of the blog systems (consider yourself lucky), I've put my life into perspective recently discovering my bad case of potential TMJ. According to several different accounts, my optic nerve will pop out, my shoulders and neck will disintegrate and lastly, my jaw will eat itself. Oh jeez, as you can see, my nerves are ever so jittery. While I revise my will, here's something for your cinemania: this week's slower than granny:

I heart Huckabees: For some unknown reason, I seem to be the sole consumer of this product who enjoys it. Given that, when I saw it in the theater, it was raining, I was cranky AND I was joined with a group of Cerebal Palsetic persons. Not kidding. It made my laighing heart flutter away. If existentialism, bad hair cuts and David O. Russell is your thing, and I know it is, than it's perfect. Pick up a copy of Blaise Pascal, kick back and enjoy a smart comedy for once. Recommended (regardless of the other Videothequers).

Nausicaa of the Valley & Porco Rosso: Gesundheit! Miyazaki returns by way of Disney with these earlier anime gems. Highly regarded as an anime genius in his native land, US audiences have only begun to admire. Oh man, I swear sometimes I am in the wrong business. Anyways, your kid sister named Noel will love this, so be nice and bring it home for her.

********** Oscar Buzz: Well since everyone's wondering who we're rooting for, including Jennie from the block, next week we'll have our homage to those shameful Acadmey Awards. Everyone's calling it an actual race this year. Whatever. So come on in and see what evil goodness we have displayed on our Royal Blue shelves. See?

that's it. get out.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment