Monday, April 18, 2005

04:19 (slowly, surely)

Hey gang Have you ever thought how great life can be if everyone drove at the speed you did? Yeah, it would awesome wouldn't it. Welps, seeing as I and maybe a select few have lead feet, my dreams are far from being reality. I remember once, ages ago, there was some talk and a design for a high that drives the car for you! Obviously it's some planner's sick joke to get us erected (not sexually you pervert) and tumble us back down. Sigh. I'm just ever so glad that tomorrow's releases will get me and Mike up in Seattle off the gas and on our ass(es). So enjoy these and the lymeric. I get car sick in boats:

Birth: Nicole "Yek" Kidman stars in Jonathan Glazer's thriller about the Buddhist belief of reincarnation. Some kid shows up at her door to lay claim that she is his wife and he, her dead husband. And I quote: "Sup, baby! Yo daddy's hear to ya hom and smack that!" Or to the effect of. Watch it to see how Kubrickian it is and awe at the wonders of aging in Ms. Lauren Bacall.

House of Flying Daggers: Sometimes I pride ourselves a little too much and think we are good. Damn good. But let's not be egotistical, it's just that we've had this mutha 4-eva! Albeit a Korean import, but hell, any which way you can. Anyways, swing on by and grab the official "american" copy.

Genealogies of a Crime: Cat Deneuve stars in Raoul Ruiz's 1997 release of a murder mystery. Michel Picoli co-stars. I don't have anything funny to say about this, so I am going to cut my losses and move on. Continuer..

A Lovesong for Bobby Long: I won't go into the details as to why they call him Bobby Long, but Scarlett Johansson is happy to be near him. Someone needs to call Jenny Jones and get John Travolta a make-over. Man, I'm not sure if that's make-up or what Scientology does to you. Damn you L. Ron Hubbard, what have you done to my Vinnie Barbarino!!

Meet The Fockers: So the ongoing joke in the world is to take the Fock and substitute it for another more famous four letter f-word. You see, it's funny because it's like you ARE cussing, but you AREN'T. Now, if there was no such thing as the word "fuck" that wouldn't be funny. But thanks to laws of semiotics, signs and signifiers-it is. Thank you Mr. Roland Barthes. In conjuction with the celebration, below I have listed possible euphemisms and adjectives to use on your loved ones. Enjoy: "Don't be such a dumbass you motherfocker!" "Put that donut down you focker!" "When I'm done with you, I'm gonna fock you, fock your mom and fock your third cousin--in the ear!" "Hey baby, ever focked like a wallaby before?" "Oh man, this movie's focked."

Primer: A surprising winner in my book, Primer is Shane Caruth's first outing into the world of Hollywood. I think he tops Vincent Gallo in wearing more hats in the production of this than anybody I've ever known. I came into this with no expectation of liking but left definitely happy. Now, I ain't painting you a picture out of gold or anything, but if you like an interesting, strange story and Donnie Darko than your in. But don't hold me to it.

A Red Bear: That was my nickname in high school because I was and am so damn cuddly. And when they tickled me, I turned red and ate them.

***************** Staff Recs Updated (kinda, hardly) Meg/Spiritual Solutions Kat/Some Kinda Love

That's it for now. Thank you for daring to be a part of this. Adieu

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment