Monday, June 27, 2005

06:28 (this snowstorm will never be over)

yo
As a Videotheque employee, I do more than remember your account and shelve discs, I also like to bring you the news. This weekend, we have encountered to small tragedies. The first, the Wal-Mart heir John Walton died in a plane crash in one of his 12 planes. I don't want to make fun of the situation, because someone's trauma isn't my comedy, but you can stop worrying, Wal-Mart will continue their exploits. The second, the voice of Tigger, Paul Winchell also died this weekend. Animators and kids alike will miss him. And now please stop with the worried phone calls, ours is fine:

no one gets it:

Diary of a Mad Black Woman: That's what I called my autobiography. Isn't that funny, I should sue. No, this isn't Eddie Murphy and the Klumps, it's Oprah's boy-toy Tyler Perry. I don't know who he is either, but he's perry popular. He brings us his funny and lucrative alter ego-an elderly black woman- and his comedic stylings. I strongly encourage you to break out of your cultural shell and rent Boyz N tha Hood...or this one I guess.

Overnight: When you watch this, you'll think to yourself, "what a JACKASS!" and then wish and wish and wish that you were him. This is the story of Troy Duffy, bartender by day, screenwriter by night. The all-powerful Weinsteins bought his script, and soon thereafter dropped him like a bad habit. Like a nagging chain-smoking, talentless hack type of habit. He makes Gulager look like a genius. This fly-on-the-wall doc will make you laugh, cry and hate all at the same time.

other releases worth noting:
Gun (a mini-series about a )
Ren & Stimpy Season 3 and a halfish
Nick Frost's Danger! 50,000 volts! (BBC)
****************************

I fear having to end this this way, considering we have nothing terribly exciting, yet I must. Come by, pick up Bit Part (a videotheque zine) and then go home to melt.
au revoir!
www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment