Tuesday, April 22, 2008

04:22 you say good-bye, i say hello

So the thing is this, um, yeah. Is it okay if I borrow your ladder?

To celebrate Earth Day the movie industry has put more movies onto plastic discs for you to watch in your air conditioned homes.

They were like this:

Charlie Wilson's War: This film is based on a true story and is basically all about bombs and drinking and T&A, so I liked it. I don't work at Videotheque so this does not necessarily reflect the views of Videotheque or its employees.

Cloverfield: A lot of people are critical of this movie because I think for nostalgic reasons they are defensive of The Blair Witch Project's good name. To those people I say, this is better, even though I haven't seen Blair Witch I'm intuiting that it's better. You could intuit, too, for a small rental fee.

Death of a Cyclist: There was a time when Javier Bardem couldn't sell out a phone booth 'cause he wasn't born yet, and during that time his Uncle Juan was directing films. Criterion was kind enough to give this one the light of day.

One Missed Call: This is an American remake of a Takashi Miike film of the same title. I only saw the Takashi Miike version. It was okay. But if you like recycled PG-13 horror, this'll be right up your alley, if you have an alley.

The Orphanage: All you need to know about this movie is: big rip off. Big rip off of Annie.

The Savages: On top of being Earth Day, this week is also PSH week, that stands for Philip Seymour Hoffman. I watched this out of support for him and then left my kid unattended in a stroller in the Classics section.

Silent Ozu: Before the advent of bottled water there were silent films in Japan. You should rent these, too, if you want to impress people with your silent Japanese film renting capabilities.

Some other stuff probably came out, too.

There was a period of time where in order to gain control of the updating of the web site, our web site, on the uh, intuhnet, we had to thumb wrestle this dude. Long story short, we lost (a lot), but recently we switched from thumb wrestling to leg wrestling (his idea). I was tired that day and another long story short, my foot fell and I kicked him in the nose on accident, so we are updating the ol' web site on the uh, intuhnet regularly, so if you would like to visit it, you could do so by thumb wrestling with your mouse which is a less formidable adversary, believe you me, you should've seen the thumbs on this guy ... oh, nevermind.

Stop breathing on me.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment