Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Releases for June 2nd or I Need to Use the Restroom!

I've returned to Los Angeles after staying in hiding for a few months. Luckily, after the heavy amounts of plastic reconstruction I've had to my face and body, the police won't recognize who I am. I decided to try this online dating thing again to see what can I accomplish with my new mug.

I ended up meeting a very nice girl. She was about 5' 2'', Salvadorian descent, light brown skin, dark brown eyes, and long, straight black hair. We chatted a bit. She was currently completing her thesis on Chicano Murals of Los Angeles, she loved old computer parts, rainy days, and couldn't stand crowds.

I decided it'd be neat if we'd go for dinner and a movie (I'm a big time cheese. I know it.) and got to talking with her. We actually really hit it off and she held my attention for more than a minute. I decided, like a big time dummy, to ask her if she'd ever done this online dating thing before. She said yes. I asked her who was the last guy and what he was like. She replied by saying it was actually someone kinda big.

"Really? Who was it?"

"Well, he was recently in a movie. His name Seann William Scott"

I wasn't sure who it was, so I asked her to clarify. She mentioned he's a great comedic actor that was in "Dude? Where's My Car?" and "American Pie" and that recently he was in "Role Models". Then it hit me. He's that annoying character Stifler from the first "American Pie" movie. And that point, I actually convulsed a bit in disgust and followed that with an "OH GOD!". She smiled and said "What?". I couldn't control myself at the point and said "How could you allow yourself to go out with a cultural abomination like that chump". For the kiddies, I won't post her two worded response. She emptied out her glass of Indian iced tea on my head and left. In the end, I explained to the restaurant owner what happened and who she dated and he was nice enough to give me a bit of a discount.

At first, I felt bad, but on the way home, I felt good for two reasons.

1) I almost dated a girl who thought that Sean William Scott is cool.

2) He's as much as a loser as me. He needs to date online too.

NEW RELEASES:

Defiance: James Bond plays a character unlike James Bond in this WWII drama. I think it's worth a rental just for that.

He's Just Not That Into You: I haven't seen this, but I hate it. But I don't hate it for no reason. In fact, I have a very good reason. When the book was still hot stuff, I had a friend (lets call her "C") who was nuts in love with an other friend (lets call him "S"). Well, it just happened that "S" did not in fact like "C". "C" took this book as her bible and used every stupid male reaction as it is in the book. Well, it turned out "S" didn't like "C" for reasons the book doesn't even come close to touching upon. It was a complicated scenario. If you made it this far into the paragraph, I congratulate you for making sense of it.

Neil Young Archives Vol. 1: You can now throw away your Neil Young bootlegs you've spent the better part of your youth collecting from swap meets. He's officially releasing tons and tons of unreleased music as part of his archives collection. And yes, he wants it on DVD because DVD allows for the audio quality LP and CD just can't reproduce. You can hear (and see) his steady evolution from a high school student to world famous Canadian folkie.

Revoluntionary Road: Let's be honest. We don't like reading. In fact, I'm getting tired of reading this blog while writing it. So tired in fact, that I feel like I should nap. Not a regular king of nap. The kind of nap you would take after a heavy lunch of Mexican food and beer. Hollywood knows how you work. So they decided again that they'd go ahead and film the book for you with Leo D. and Katie W. I don't even want to read the plot synopsis. I'm just that kinda guy. I hope Hollywood makes a movie about the synopsis of the plot.

Spring Breakdown: Poor Parker Posey. I guess when she isn't doing indie films or Christopher Guest mockumentaries, she has bills to pay for. Too bad they stuck her with Amy Poehler and that girl who kinda looks like Amy Poehler for this comedy. Maybe I'm wrong. For all I know, this film could be great. You should rent it to tell me. Now I'm curious.

Une Femme Mariee: Finally someone decided to put this out! We're almost finished with owning all the official releases of Godard's sixties out put! Also, interesting note, in France, the film was supposed to be called "THE Married Woman", not "A Married Woman" but the censors though it would encourage infidelity among the citizens of France.

Weeds S.4: I'm more surprised about the advertising for this than the show itself. I'm no prude or stickler, but I was surprised to see a scantily clad woman sitting onto of a marijuana leaf. And it's not just on the cover, it's all over buses, billboards, and benches. I'm really surprised that people let that slide. I ain't complainin', though.

OTHER NEW RELEASES:
24 S.7
Adieu Philippine
All About Women
Archives of War
Being Mick
Door Into Darkness
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Escape from Sobibor
Fatso
A Girl Cut In Two
If You Are the One
Jurassic Park 3
Kepr and Dreamless
Kraftwerk and the Electric Revolution
The Last Deadly Mission
The Oldest Profession
Powder Blue
Return of the Gladiator
Shorts! V3
Ten Minutes Older
True Blood S.1 (Blu-Ray)
Two Mules for Sister Sara

Warner Archive Films:
4 Horseman of the Apocalypse
Dream Lover
Dusty and Sweets McGee
Freebie and the Bean
Made in Paris
The Rain People
Soldier in the Rain
Voices
Westbound
Wichita

Frederic Wiseman Films:
Adjustment & Work
Aspen
Ballet
Basic Training
Belfast, Maine
Blind
Canal Zone
Central Park
Comedie-francaise ou L'Amour Joue
Deaf
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence II
Essene
High School
High School II
Juvenile Court
The Last Letter
Law and Order
Manoeuvre
Meat
Missile
Model
Multi-Handicapped
Near Death
Primate
Public Housing
Racetrack
Sinai Field Mission
State Legislature
The Store
Titicut Follies
Welfare
Zoo

REC SECTS:
Warner Archive: Warner is getting pretty lazy with their DVD releases. They started thinking it ain't cool to release "Freebie and the Bean", "The Rain People", and "Dusty and Sweets McGee" with sparkling new transfers and special features so they decided to unload these on their online archive. We picked up a few of them so you don't have to pay full price. Instead, you get to rent them for the low price of four bucks. I think it's safe to say we got the upper hand on Warner Brothers.

Frederick Wiseman: Twelve years after the introduction of the DVD format into the American marketplace, Frederick Wiseman finally thought it was a good idea to officially make some money and capitalize on the DVD craze! Pick up some classics like "Meat", "High School", and "Titicut Follies" and watch these in all their glory.

ADIEU! ADIEU!:

'til Next Time!

www.vidtheque.com

MORAL OF THE WEEK:
Don't insult your date. It's a major turn off (or so I've been told).

I can sneek a peek at customers through our drop slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment