Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Releases for June 9th, or File This One Under D'aaaahhh"!

I did my good deed for the year. Saturday evening, I was walking to a friend's house for a night of steady chugalugging and good laughs with the ol' gang. About a block away from where he lives, I find this little kitten on the edge of a fence. From where it was, it was very close to falling about four feet straight onto concrete. I couldn't allow this to happen, so I grabbed the little puff and took him to my friends house. He was meowing the whole way (no doubt scared) and clinged on carefully to my shirt. I put him outside the grass outside my friend's place and fed him.
He quickly munches through his tablespoon of sponged meat. Afterwards, my friend drove me to my house to let him cool off. He promptly went on top of my cable box to warm up. I forgot about the cat the rest of the night and went back to my friends.

I got home around 1a.m. and at that point he had moved to the sofa to sleep. I grabbed my futon, rolled it out and got ready to sleep. What happens is that the little kitten comes up, demands attention, and then proceed to fall asleep by my head. Then my cat shows up from outside and is shocked to see this little thing sleeping by me. He starts to get real angry and violent.

And this point, I knew I had to give up the little guy. I forgot how territorial cats get and amidst the excitement and prospect of having a new cat, I didn't consider how my cat would feel.

I put an ad on Craig's List saying how this cat needs a person with a big heart and infinite amounts of love to bask upon this critter. No more than an hour later, I get a call from someone who's girlfriend wants the cat. They pick up the little guy, I bid farewell to the kitten and head on my way.

I got a bit nostalgic for the one day I spent my new buddy, but in the end, he's with people whom (I hope) love and care for the little guy.

I hoped you enjoyed my first blog post with out sarcasm, irony, joking around, relationship issues, or general weirdness!NEW RELEASES:
Gran Torino: This movie gets a thumbs up for having Clint Eastwood say practically every racial jab known to man. This also gets my other thumb pointing up for having him say "Get off my lawn".

The International: Tom Tykwer is back in America directing this new thriller with Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. I don't know what else to say. I'm really sorry, but nothing is coming to mind about what to write about. I'm getting a serious case of writers block. Geez, what's happening to me! You should rent this movie and tell me all about it. It might inspire me to come up with something clever.

Nicotina: My smoking support group discouraged me from watching this film. They thought I would get panic attacks and want to go back to smoking. It's so hard working in a videostore where half the movies have characters smoking cigarettes and cigars... But I need to be strong.

The Shield - Final Act: I feel bad for Michael Chiklis. After this he's going to have to find a new steady job. The problem is everyone will remember him as being that jerk from "The Shield". I wish him the best for the future!

REC SECTS:
David Carradine: Let's not focuses on how he died. Let's focus on all the awesome movies he did over the year, because in the end, that's what he'll be remembered for, right? RIGHT!? So rent some of his classics like "Boxcar Bertha", "Kill Bill", "The Serpent and the Egg", and of course, the classic television show, "Kung Fu".

OTHER NEW RELEASES:
Blur/Live 13
Brazil Revealed
Bunny Chow (South Africa)
Cash (w/ Jean "Agent OSS 117" DuJardin, France)
A Christmas Tale (w/ Catherine Deneuve, Mathieu Amalric, France)
Defiance (Blu)
Destiny (Lang)
Easybeats, Friday On My Side
Fired Up (cheerleading fun)
Five Days (BBC miniseries)
The Fox and Child (children's film from the director of "March of the Penguins", narrated in English by Kate Winslet)
Gang of Four (Dir: J Rivette, France)
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Graduate (Blu)
Home (09)
Home (09) (Blu)
I'm Telling You For the Last Time (J Seinfeld)
The It Crowd S.2 (BBC)
The Kinks/Paris Party 1965
The Monkey/The Transatlantic Feedback
The Neverending Story III
One-Chanbara (aka Chanbara Beauty, Japan)
One Hundred and One Nights (Dir. A. Varda, France)
Pay It Forward/A Walk to Remember
Razzle Dazzle (Australia)
Return of the Gladiator (Italy)
Revolutionary Road (Blu)
Scientology Training Video (no joke)
Stardust (with Keith Moon, 1974)

BYE BYE NOW!:

So long!

www.vidtheque.comMORAL OF THE WEEK:
Going to a movie is a bad idea for a first date. You can't talk to them or make any form of communication during the film. Go bowling or do something instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment