Monday, December 6, 2004

12:07 (we are doomed)

Hey Oh the Yuletide casts an evil wave. We are continuosly getting f'd by these hectic winter days. Just the other day I ran out and shot the photo for my X-mas cards and was slammed by traffic, shoppers, and heavy rain. Left only to fend for myself against a sexually manic Santa set out to show me his candy cane. Yes Charlie, christmas time is indeed here. After all my crying and scheduling an appointment with Rick's therapist, I figured the least I can do during this time of giving, is donate to the charity of myspacers. So all yee myspace dependants, listen up! jingle jingle jingle...

The Bourne Supremacy: My buddy Rick gave this a whopping double-ebert thumbs up with sound effects! You know it's a winner. I teased him about watching it only cuz of that dancing Julia Stiles. She likes to boogie down, when you know, not falling madly in love with Mr. Bourne. But in all seriousness, Mr. Rick says, "it's off da hook. It proves to be quite a stunning sequel, surpassing it's predecessor and creating a suspense film that stands on it's own two feet." That's a recommendation if I ever heard one before.

Dodgeball A True Underdog Story: We had quite a discussion about the title(s) of this film. We realized that were about ten tag lines attached to this affluent comedy. That's just greedy. There's no need for any more than two, maybe, titles. Everything else is an attempt at monopolizing the ad market. Someone should sue. Anyways, as I'm sure you have already seen this, I don't need to go into detail. Ben Stiller revisits his character from Heavyweights and Vince Vaughn is one funny muthafucka. Every rental includes an embossed ball.

Heart of America: Sounds like that right-wing Disney doc that was released some odd weeks ago, it is however nothing like that. It's another kids gone awry tale by way of Columbine. Think Van San'ts Elephant and blood. Or so they say. This came out from nowhere, which leads me to believe that it will be sitting on our shelf for weeks. Come get it and wipe away the dust for us.

Maria Full of Grace: My Mexican mom loved this one. Which is funny because from what I know, Maria and others were Columbian, not Mexican. I asked my mom and she said, "hey, its hispanic and any which way we can. Well, as long as its not Puerto Rican." So I guess as long they at least sit on the same continent, its ok. My mother has no pity. Sorry JLo!

Wild at Heart: Lynch's 1990 release finally hits the fan this week with nice, glowing cover art. Featuring all the usual Lynchian players, this cult fave is bound to quell your hunger. Filled with a quasi-linear story, bad acting, and even worse soundtrack. No I'm kidding, the soundtrack aint that bad.

* * * * * * * * * * * COME SURF THE YULETIDE DUDE!! We are slaves for your xmas shopping needs!! We've been working dilligently bringing in product from all over the globe! In our travels we ransacked our distributers just to bring you some of the craziest shite eva! We have tons of new and used DVDs for your pleasure, gift certs, rental certs, candy, badass posters, shirts!, and all region dvd players. All perfect for you loved and hated one. So please, keep us alive, and spread some season cheer.

Special Note* Thanks to all those who gave up their Saturday night to be at our first double feature screening. To those of you who were too cool and didn't make it, we have more to come after the new year. So please keep an eye out.

That's it. Get out of my house.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment