Monday, December 27, 2004

12:28

Lord Help us. this merry/hectic year has come to a close and you and I have barely made it out alive. From last minute Earthquakes on the otherside of the world, to an f'd election, and the Red Sox winning (WTF?) it's for damn sure a memorable one in my book. The way I see it is don't look back, or else you'll live in irrefutable dismay. And we love you, do don't do that. So, to keep you alive and stable here's the very last of this year's releases. I know, I'm getting all gushy too. Anchorman: Oh man, this guys on fire. You can't get near him or else you'll melt like the wicked witch of the east (or was it the west?). Will Farrell and his ass stars in this offbeat comedy about a man....oh why bother, you'll gobble this up whatever I may say. Just know we have this bitch.

Code 46:
Badboy Michael Winterbottom's (teehee!) latest sci-fi meets Philip K. Dick meets Annie Hall. That's a mouth full. That's what she said! ---Er, anyways, I saw this puppy the other night and can safely say that I enjoyed it. It's lacks full character development and motive, but neverthless I left it with a smile. Maybe it was because of the karaoke scene with Mick Jones, singing "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" No, seriously.

Garden State:
Every publication has called Zack Braff something to the effect of, "new indie god," or "small fry hero." Well, I'm gonna follow suit and say the say the same thing. Braff, the new small fry hero, debuts his debut on DVD. Everyone ages 15-24 loved this film, and everybody else merely liked it. The soundtrack everybody knows and Patalie Nortman is cooky and cute. Is he the new Wes Anderson? Hmm, only if his acting casts get bigger and bigger.

Open Water: My compatriot loathed this film because he called it unbelievable. I'm about a head nod away from agreeing with him, except the sharks are scary! Not since Jaws 2 and Deep Blue Sea has had so much shark talk about it. This ultra-low budget indie had a bunch of hype around it and then faded away into the sunset. I won't say anything else, and I'll let you decide whether it should sink or swim, or be hideously torn to pieces via sharp, sharp teeth.

Wicker Park: This remake of the Frenchie, "L'Appartement" starring Monica Belluci, has Josh Hotnet in it and a couple of girls. I didn't remember too much about this film because I couldn't focus my vision on anything else by Joshy-boy. He shouldn't act anymore because he's ruing it for us good lookin video clerks. Now Rick and I will never have a chance. *Note: If you liked the Garden State sdtk, this one steps on it, and never looks back.

That's it, I guess: Wimbledon and Resident Evil: Apocalypse also made it out somehow.

*********

AVERYSPECIALNOTEFROMUSTOYOU We are still babies here. This past March we barely celebrated our 1 yr anniversary. So as you see, we are still very young. We are also very grateful. When most business go under in under a year, you have helped this little business stand up against those awful conglomerates. I know we've had our off days, some here have been grumpy or rude (present company included) but we try. That's all we can do. Over the next year we may have some humble plans in our future, so please come and see what's new around here. We love your company. Alas, thank you so much for patronage, even if it's just reading these stupid little newsletters, it all helps

You have all of our best wishes, have a prosperous and safe new year and we'll see you when the tide turns. Thank you.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment