Monday, November 8, 2004

11:09 (You Blew It)

A simple hi will do Well, seeing as last weeks events made us feel like there was rocks in our stomachs and mud in our eyes, I am afraid to even bring it up. But alas, I must! I blame everyone outside of California. Suffice to say, we did our job. Nevertheless, international newspapers are right when they say we have 57 million dumb americans. Sigh. Anyways, in an effort to deter you from throwing yourself off a building like our good friend, Juzo Itami, sulk your sorrows in these nuggets. we, are, dead!

Before Sunset: Once, regarding music, a friend and I were disucssing the aesthetics of a certain group. He told me, "your music has too many words." And so I agreed. I suppose the same can be said for Mr. Linklater's Before Sunset, but removing the dialogue wouldn't make much sense either. Plus, you can always just push mute. Regardless of your take on international banter, Before Sunset carried a big punch amongst filmgoers everywhere. And looking at Linklater's track record, you can understand why. I'd recommend watching Before Sunrise, then Sunset, but only if you can handle the plethora of dialogue and your ears being used to death. It's good for you though.

The Clearing: With our current political climate, I feel how Robert Redford looks. A small film by theater standards, featuring an impressive cast, Mr. Redford and Helen Mirren, but I just can't stand to see the lame-ass cover art. The poster was so much more engaging. In any case, an executive gets kidnapped and then yells "get off my plane!" to Gary Oldman.

Day Without a Mexican: My Mexican mother saw this and said it was cute. I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that, but I assume it must be good. I told my coworkers though, that her opinion may not be so vaild, seeing that she thinks it's her racial and national duty to see every Mexican film--and like it. Hell, she went as far as to give birth to me on the exact day of Mexican Independence day. Aside from reelecting inferiors, see how far nationalistic pride can get you?

Parting Shots: Featuring the who's who of Britain's yesteryear's actors--Bob Hoskins, John Cleese, Chris Rea and Ghandi alike. A man is misdiagnosed with cancer and therefore decides to kill everyone who's everyone who's ever crossed him. Sounds like a plan! But remember I said, MISdiagnosed, whoops!

Stepford Wives: The dude who did Yoda's voice directed this film, featuring the perfect wives of stepford. I told my spouse, why can't you be more stepford! and to my surprise, she agreed. She left the house spotless before she left and had great sex with the neighbors. Sigh.

lastly, Our Personal, Staff RECs are back! Here's a run down:

Mark: The Great Dictator:
No, not a metaphor as to how he runs this place (yet I'm sure some will disagree--great, now I'm fired), but a striking similarity to those running our current lives.. See if you can guess who. Featuring Ivan the Terrible, Fidel and Journeys with George.. Hmm

Rick: RIOT: Like Sly said, "There's gonna be a riot!" and yes those were our immediate reactions to last Tuesday, and still to this day. Let your anger ride with films like Gangs of New York, Day of the Locust and even oh-so cute Fritz the Cat.

Andy: Ray-Ban: I guess he missed the bus on this one, Andy's picks have nothing to do with Super Tuesday. Featuring scores of character's rockin' the Ray-Bans. Don't let the sun get in your eyes without these. A sprinkle of Rush, Risky Business and Terminator.

Elise: Dancing Thereapy in These Times of Woe: Yay! The newbie's first! Still feeling bummed? How 'bout serving it to W, after you learn the wicked moves from Outkast, Saturday Night Fever and even Dirty Dancing. And don't worry, nobody's watching.

That's it for us, please cheer up and try not to do it again. www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment