Monday, July 20, 2009

New Releases for July 21st, or One Year Older.

Next week is my birthday. It's pretty amazing I've been alive for this long. I've been through dozens of nuclear threats, terrorism, depressions, angry girlfriends, stomach problems, drunken fights, disgruntled coworkers, car accidents and cyber-terroism. So, to sum it all down to one phrase: feels good, man.

I'm going to celebrate the anniversary of my birth by writing this weeks blog.

This weeks blog is dedicated to me. Happy Birthday me!

NEW RELEASES: Coraline: It's nice to know that the world of animation is completely dominated by the CGI worlds of Dreamworks, Pixar, Disney and Fox. What we get is an old fashioned stop-motion animated film with excellent character designs, fun story and a scene of neat fog effects. Don't forget, Fantastic Mr. Fox is coming out later this year too, so it's a good year for stop-motion enthusiasts!

The Great Buck Howard: I don't know what this film is about or who Buck Howard is or what a "mentalist" is, but this movie gets my seal of approval for putting Ricky Jay on the cover. Actually, he's in The Brothers Bloom which I didn't really care for. Scratch that! I remove my seal from this film!

The Might Boosh: I really thought they would've stop making Bush documentaries half a year since they gave him the ol' boot, but here we are! This one doesn't look like your typical one though. This has a lot of men in drag and bright colors. It probably focuses on his cocaine years in the seventies where his focus was on getting high and listening to prog rock all day.

Sherman's Way: A sequel to the ever-popular documentary "Sherman's March".

Watchmen: I haven't seen this film because when it was released in theaters, Watchmen creator Alan Moore (who removed his name from the credits) said that he would "spit venom all over it". I don't have a death wish so I'll hold off on watching this until Alan Moore is at a range to not spit on me.

OTHER NEW RELEASES/NEW INVENTORY:

Burning the Future
Che Part.2: The Argentine (Part 2 comes out next month!)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (Blu-Ray)
Coraline (Blu-Ray)
The Drummer
Filth and Wisdom
Jonas Brothers: The Concert Experience
Killshot (Mickey Rourke's much delayed action film)
Mia and the Migoo
Michel Gondry 2 More Videos (including his Rubik's Cube epic)
The Midnight Special: Live in 1976
My Dinner with Jimi
One Week
On the Road with Judas
Pretty Woman (Blu-Ray)
The Ring Finger
Robot Chicken: Star Wars II
Unknown Woman
Watchmen (Blu-Ray)
Wolverine and the X-Men

THAT'S IT!:
We have big news (or I think it's big news), but we're saving it for next week perhaps. Is it Earth shattering? I like to think so. Stay tuned next week!
www.vidtheque.com
vidtheque.blogspot.com



Working is the only way to keep cool.

MORAL OF THE WEEK:
Tip your waiter. ALWAYS.

Also, is it me, or are these not really morals anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment