Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Releases for July 28th, or Nappy Time!

I know. I know. I know. I said I had big news for this week, but the powers that be told me I might have to delay the news an other week. It breaks my heart too.

It's been a lazy and slow week at the Vidyatheque. Nothing too spectacular. This is pretty evident in our lack of exciting new releases. But hey! Look on the bright side: now it's the perfect time to watch an older film you've never seen.

I just ate a big lunch with a couple of beers and I'm ready to take a nap. Before I crawl into a fetal position and take a cat nap, let's look at this week's new releases.

NEW RELEASES:

Battlestar Galactica S. 4.5: Battlestar Galactica use to be for the pathetically proud pocket-protector peons who prided themselves on their knowledge of Dr. Who and Monty Python. Now everyone is plum loco over this show. It has my homeboy Edward "Stand and Deliver" Olmos, so I'll get around to watching it some day. For the rest of you rent it now. Now! NOW!!!

Big Man Japan: I don't know what this movie is or what a "Japan" is, but the back cover disgusts and horrorfies me on all sorts of levels.

Fast & Furious: There was someone who use to work here that would watch a film just because it had his homegirl Michelle Williams. By default, this movie is going to be great in his eyes. I would take his advice because this former co-worked of mine was one cool cat.

OTHER NEW RELEASES:

Alice's House
Ballerina
Bart Got a Room
Bomb It (Graffiti Art)
Carmen & Geoffrey
Chandhi Chowk to China
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu)
Death Becomes Her
Fast & Furious (Blu)
Female Vampires
Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes (Take a trip to Lake Wobegon)
The Inglorious Bastards (Blu) (See where Tarantino took the name "The Inglorious BASTERDS" from!)
Made in USA (Criterion)
Ma Saison Super 8
Michael Jackson/Live in Japan
Pushing Daisies S.2
Rogopag (Godard, Pasolini, Rossellini, and Grogoretti get together for this four part directors showcase)
This is Spinal Tap (Blu)
Two or Three Things I Know About Her (Criterion)
The Union

THIS CONCLUDES OUR WEEK:

Now here are the links 'n' such. Now here comes Mr. Sandman ready to take me away on the nappy time express. Bye bye.
www.vidtheque.com
vidtheque.blogspot.com

MORAL OF THE WEEK:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment