Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Releases for September 8th, or The Next Step Has Begun.

To my surprise, the moment I stepped into the store, things were different. No longer was Anna Karina smirking above my head. Nor was Lolita tempting me to rent her movie. Nor were the protagonists of Bicycle Thieves pulling at my heart strings. The walls were barren and desolate; all our posters have been moved to the new location.

We've started our first steps with the big move. Our office and storage have already emptied out, & over the weekend the shelving fixtures on the shopfloor will begin to do the same.
As you come in during the next two plus weeks, you'll have to pardon our dust.
Trust me when I say it's for the better good!

(we're currently estimating an opening at 1020 Mission during the last week of September, or first week of October, with perhaps 2-3 down days between our closure here & re-opening across the road! - Mark W. )

NEW RELEASES:

Crank 2: High Voltage:
This has the Baryshnikov of bullets, Jason Statham, getting electrocuted to stay alive. The cover leads me to believe this has little to no substance, but features and insane amount of automatic weapons, so basically it's like my life.

Dance Flick: A new and relevant comedy that makes jokes about the CGI dancing baby craze that's sweeping America today and that was featured in last week's episode of Ally McBeal. Directed by one of the Wayans brothers.

Homicide: David Mamet's long unreleased drama about loss of identity and antisemitism is hidden in the guise of a police thriller. This movie is worth watching for a mustachioed William H. Macy playing his only tough guy role where he carries a shotgun and swears like a sailor. Coutesy of our friends at Criterion, you get a neat commentary and a featurette of interviews with the cast.

Model Shop: Jaques Demy classic Los Angeles feature finally arrives to us from Sony's Martini Movies series. See the always beautiful Anouk Aimee looking... uh... beautiful. According to one of my co-workers, she said this film was the "bees knees". Well, not in those words, but you catch my drift.

Valentino: The Last Emperor: I went to the American Cinematheque two nights in a row back in May and they played the trailer for this both nights. From the trailer, I'm going to assume it's about a feminine and obnoxious man with skin texture similar to that of a football who owns several dogs and who's aging is forcing him out of the fashion world. Even though I summed it up, you should come in and rent it anyways because a portion of the money you pay goes to my paycheck, which itself is spent to find my three kids.

OTHER NEW RELEASES AND NEW INVENTORY:

Born in '68
Heroes S.3
Metalocalypse S.2 (Adult Swim)
The New World (Blu-Ray)
Nikkatsu Noir set with I Am Waiting, Rusty Knife, Take Aim at the Police Van, Cruel Gun Story and A Colt is My Passport
No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (HBO show)
Zen & Zero (surf doc)

BON VOYAGE:

www.vidtheque.com
vidtheque.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/videotheque

MORAL OF THE WEEK:
Be careful when you drive. You don't want to make the same mistake I did!

Took this photo this Friday. They were filming a Honda commercial. Because of this, they took away your parking that whole night. I would suggest you protest against them and quit buying their cars, but I own a huge chunk of stock in them so please don't. Like I said earlier, I need to feed my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment