Monday, January 17, 2005

1:18

Good evening I have been seduced by the nice chilli weather and here we go getting some sun again. Yeesh. As I take it mostof you went out of town this weekend to celebrate of course, Dr. MLK. I suppose that accounts for the break we had here at VT, but we want you back! So now that you are all juiced and rested, come share your stories with us over dinner. I am hungry. While I grab some crap that's bad for my ulcer, here's something for you to chew on. Busta Move!

Cellular: Can you hear me now? Good. Because I'm being held hostage and you are my only hope. Thank god I went to ITT Tech for engineering and now how to fix a broken telephone. So please! don't hang up, and I hope you have enough day minutes. Just remember I ain't paying for you roaming charges.

Curb your Enthusiasm S.3: Everybody's favorite pessimist (no not Rick) has returned in all his glory. Or should I say Anti-Glory. If you haven't caught on to this rich, laughed-filled "reality" show, I would suggest making like a tree and leave. Oh, and don't forget your noose.

The Forgotten: I was going to do a joke, something like,"Forgotten, primarily by it's audience..." But Entertainment Weekly beat me to the punchline. I had a better one lined up, but with my high blood pressure and lack of ginko baloba, I seem to have....forgotten!! HA! Oh man, I think I need to borrow your noose.

Friday Night Lights: I punk'd my boyfriend for staring at all the players booties, and kept an even closer eye on him when we went to go see

Finding Neverland--you know boys and all-- anyways, before I threw down I was telling him how well this film had been receievd and darnit, I was right. He thought it'd be some cheeky shite like Radio or Remember the Titans, but cheeky this is not. Recommend by a fellow Thequer, come fill your lack of sports drama. And a special note* try isolating the soundtrack. It's pretty good.

Rosentrasse: After almost a ten year absence from American theaters, Margarethe Von Trotta returns with this epic set in war torn Germany. A woman is in search of her family and finds much more than she could have imagined. Man, I'm in the wrong, I should be writing taglines for posters. If you anybody, tell them I'm available.

***** New Recs! Seeing as unfortunate and shady as it may be that February is the shortest calendar month, and is coincidently Black History Month, we have started early this year in honor of the aforementioned Dr. MLK. This month's featured section, CIVIL RIGHTS is as literal as it can get. Featuring many films that deal with what can be a very sticky topic, we figured visibility is the best fight against forgetting. Try A Rasin in the Sun, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and the Untimely classic, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Also, snuggled oh so cute right under that section is our stab at tabloid journalism. If you really care about Brad, Jen, and Angie's rumored relationships, come see their output and decide who really looks better in bed together. We know you want to. Try Seven, The Good Girl, Gia, and more!

It seems a tad bit short this time around. I'm sorry if I haven't fufilled my duties. We'll see if I do better next time around. go on, leave and be merry.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment