Monday, May 2, 2005

05:03 (we came running)

hey While most of Southern California left their condos, beaches and starbucks to trek down to sweltering Coachella Valley this weekend, myself and about hmm, countless others decided to take it easy and selflessly let you have all the fun at this year's music fest. Now, I pride myself on sharing the beautiful, musical wealth, but be now warned: Lollapalooza is mine. HE! While I go and cry in a corner, here's something else for you throw in my face: jealousy also comes in brown:

The Chorus: This ain't your Zack Morris High School Glee Band. It's closer to Mr. Holland's Opus. Although it would be great if there was a French version of Screech running around saying "Zoiks-eur!" Anyways, a bunch of prepubescent boys sing their heart's desire in this heart-warming Frenchie. Bring it home for you, the family or even Michael Jackson. Zinger!

Enduring Love: I've told you since the beginning. Rhys Ifans is crazy! Look at his hair! After witnessing a Danny Deckchair-like accident with a balloon he falls madly in love not with hottie Samantha Morton, but the dude from Tomb Raider! If I was him, I'd be like, dude, I can't be with you. Let me serenade you with the following song: "Love hurts, love scars, Love wounds, and marks, Any heart, not tough, Or strong, enough To take a lot of pain, Take a lot of pain Love is like a cloud Holds a lot of rain Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts" Then he'd be off my jock, damn sure!

National Treasure: If you think this is full of predictable love story, unbelievable plots, overblown fx and too much of Nicolas Cage--your right, but let's not forget how well they've honored our forefathers. You just know Ben Franklin wanted to be a blockbuster hit. All sarcasm aside, I kinda liked it. but shhh, I'll get my ass whooped here if anybody finds out.

Phantom of Opera: Joel Schumacher's come a long way. From putting nipples on Batman's costume to capitalizing on the out-dated musical scene. Let me ask you one thing: Why is he still making movies? The producers should have said NO when they saw 8mm and Flawless on his resume. You should be ashamed Andrew Lloyd Webber, ashamed.

********************* Slim pickins this week I know, but we have new Staff Recs going up, also if you happened to be inside the building, don't look over our new wall! It's called, ahem: Older Titles New to DVD! Rolls right off your tongue doesn't it? Anyways, films that aren't exaclty new--say The Philadelphia Story--that have made their way to plastic will be stored here. So say hello to them.

Thank goodness I'm done, you're giving me finger cramps. bye

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment