Monday, May 30, 2005

05:31

hey all

so I can imagine you are reading this from the very comfort of your own home, maybe drinking a glass of wine or Naked Orange Juice, stereo in the background playing Vashti Bunyan's Just Another Diamond Day, and your shoes on the floor lying next to your Jack Russel Terrier. All the while a certain two, namely myself and Megs, starve our soul here at VT. Now if I were a veteran or my pops, I think I'd be offended and upset at not getting the chance to observe such a patriotic day. But alas, since I am not, and know not, I am forced to stand here in my new kicks, and give you the latest--and what appears to be the year's worst--releases. Not that I mind. I love you guys in this place, but one can't help being a bit deflated after seeing Tom, Dick, and Harry floundering in Garfield Park. Now while I pack up my things and get booted out for bitching, here's this weeks, uh, winners:

bring on the unemployment checks:

Boogeyman: It's a sad day in DVDland when I have to start these things off with the film, er movie, er whatever, Boogeyman. Following the shallow footsteps of studio moguls wanting to cash in on young naive moviegoers, this cashcow is full of shock/non-shock shockers and some good looking people. And I'm sad to report that their is not spike going through Paris in this one.

Home Movies Season Deux: From the genius mind of Brendon Small (I don't know who he is either, but someone here loves him) comes this second season of animated craziness. Based on the life of the real life Brendon Small, animation has never been more autobiographical.

Game Over: Kasparov & the Machine: Move over you pansy Bobby Fisher, Kasparov is in town. If you didn't get the reference I am talking about chess, a game I know nothing about but always pretend to know how to play. I've actually kicked some regal ass with mad skills. Anyways, Kasparov dares an IBM superton computer to whoop him in his game of choice. It's kinda how you play solitaire on a lazy Memorial Day, only without the strategy and intellect.

we also have about 1 thousand copies of My Brilliant Career. Come get on so we don't regret our purchase.

************************

I told you there's nothing. But don't worry! Next week we have tons and new staff recs! Lord knows how much you love those!

go out and take advantage of your day off. I know I would.

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment