Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Phil is certainly no funnier than Doug.

Don't you hate it when you get somebody a gift and they just throw it back in your face? I do! This weekend, on Mother's Day I went to my mom's and brought her a taco from Jack-N-the Box and when I gave it to her she held it between two fingers and said, "That's not a real taco!" And she threw it in the yard. I said, "But they still taste good!" And she slammed the front door on my a**. I ate that taco anyway and the fine layer of top soil only added to the flavor.

NEW STUFFS 05/12

LA CHINOISE: Finally on DVD for reals; this is Jean-Luc Godard's 1967 film which John Hughes ripped off for "The Breakfast Club."

THE FIRE WITHIN: Louis Malle turns up the heat in this one from 1963, about a man who decides to end his life, but first decides to visit his friends to try and decide whether or not life is worth continuing. It must be nice these quote/unquote friends I hear of so much.

LE GAI SAVOIR: This is the 1969 Jean-Luc Godard film that the movie "Airheads" was ripped off of.

THE GREAT DEBATERS: I haven't seen this one, but I wouldn't mind watching it 'cause I like Denzel 'cause he once said, "King Kong ain't got sh** on me!" and I think those are wise words, and true, too. Plus, I think it's good that there's a movie that glorifies arguing.

LIFE AFTER PEOPLE: The folks at the History Channel really nerded out this time. This "documentary" explores what the world would be like if all human beings disappeared from the Earth and left their coffee makers on. If you like irrelevent speculative malarkey, come get your fill. I myself think someone needs to give the dorks at the History Channel a history lesson on hanky panky, y'know ... that sweet, sweet love makin' that keeps our population skyrocketing.

THE LOVERS: Guess what, when it rains it pours. This 1958 Louis Malle film stars Jeanne Moreau as a woman who's husband isn't makin' right with the hanky panky so she finds better hanky panky sources.

MAD MONEY: I don't know anything about this movie. Nor do I want to. The cover has Diane Keaton and Katie Holmes and Queen Latifah in white limbo throwing money around. I think this sets a bad precident in our economy's current trying times.

UNTRACEABLE: Diane Lane can do no wrong in my book ... if there was a book ... which there's not ... anyhow, I'd sit through the most tedious of OnStar product placements for her ... so I watched this. I had low expectations but as I told a previous coworker who no longer works here 'cause she couldn't stand me, all I need in order to like a movie is a sympathetic protagonist and some sort of conflict. Now in this movie not only is the protagonist sympathetic, so is the serial killer! He seemed like a nice guy, despite all his serial killing. Mmmm ... cereal.

YOUTH WITHOUT YOUTH: The acclaimed filmmaker of "Jack" and "Peggy Sue Got Married" is back with the prequel to "Powder." Tim Roth plays a man in his 70s who harnesses the 1.21 jigowatts of electricity needed to grow younger. Whenever you watch a movie by this guy, you take a risk 'cause he's outside the studio system, so he can film upside down if he wants to.

OTHER NEW STUFFS:
Gamers
In Our Hands
The Living End: Remixed and Remastered
Lovers and Lollipops + Weddings and Babies
Lydia Lunch: Willing Victim
The Owl And The Pussycat
Saturday Night Live - Season 3
Shinobi No Mono 2: Vengeance

SIDEWALK UPDATE
Yesterday they paved the sidewalk, so when I came in today, I realized much to my horror that people had been entering the back way all day yesterday. I find that highly disgusting. You people are sick! Now that the sidewalk is done, there'll be no more of that. The new sidewalk is coarse so it's okay to run near the pool. If there were a pool. Which there's not.

www.vidtheque.com

(The views expressed here do not represent those of Videotheque or its staff, or its staff's staff, or any of the studios or filmmakers who made the films mentioned, or anyone else on the planet who could be held responsible. Especially the part about the sidewalk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment