Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well, what I had said was I’m in the math club, uh, the Latin club, and the physics club.

Physics club.

The other day, someone said to me, "Say, Sally, you're 48 and you still work in a video store. What gives?" I knelt down on the floor and looked that guy right in the eye and said, "For starters, it's DVD rentals AND sales! And, anyway, what are you six and still living at home and renting 'Harry Potter'?! I'd rather be 48 than six any day!" and he stormed off in search of his mother.


NEW RELEASES for 05/20 that I forgot on Tuesday:

THE FLOCK:
I used to like "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "American Gigolo" but I think my compatriots' disdain for Richard Gere is rubbing off on me, 'cause when I heard this straight-to-DVD Richard Gere vehicle was coming out, I said, "Stop the DVD printing presses! No seriously!" But if you want an intense thriller starring a haggard individual with fine wisps of white hair, flock into the store for this magic.

THE MUPPET SHOW - SEASON 3:
Are you like me? Do you like to occasionally pretend that the muppets aren't collecting dust in a storage unit in Sylmar? I do! Now you can pretend every night is whatever night these aired on in 1979!

RECOMMENDED SECTIONS that I didn't mention on Tuesday:

If I learned one thing this week, it's that Mrs. Scarlet did it in the kitchen with the wrench.

BETTE DAVIS: I know what you're thinking, and no, no, she didn't die. She's still very much dead from the first time she died, but now we've got a centeniel Bette Davis section to celebrate this woman's prolific career. You name it, if she was in it and it's on a disc, and it's not checked out, or late, or stolen, it'll be in this section.

I LOVE YOU, INDY!: You may have noticed there's a new Indiana Jones film in theaters that has something to do with Chrystal stick deodorant and possibly a shocker ending where you are surprised to find out that Shia LaBouf is really Indiana and Karen Allen's son. I don't know if that's the case, but if it is, spoiler alert, suckas! But I digress, anyhoo, now we got a phat section with the old Indy movies and also selected movies featuring actors from the films, such as "Disturbia" and "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains" and "The Wanderers".

Grace's pix TRAVEL TIME: This is an oldie but a goodie that Grace has reassembled featuring every time travel movie you could imagine. I mean, if you can imagine a time travel movie that's not here, you're a freak. Movies like, "Back to the Future" and
"Back to the Future II" and "Back to the Future III" are here, among others, like "Back to the Future" and "Back to the Future II".

Skidmark's pix PUPPY DOGS, RAINBOWS AND KITTY CATS: The other Mark is back with a new nick name so as not to confuse people looking for the real Mark. And once again, his section is as wholesome as ever as he is a wholesome person. Sweet little offerings like "Cujo" and "Harry and Tonto" are here.

France Gall's being recommendation effecient by still having her pix I previously mentioned J'ATTENDS UN ENFANT: With movies all about devil spawn.

Rick's pix UNDERACHIEVERS DATING OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE: When Rick's not reading minds or feeling very, very dank, he dwells heavily on the fact that he's an underachiever and wonders why he can't get an awesome girl like Diane Court to go out with him and then he despises Lloyd Dobler, and one day during a contemplation of this sort it occured to him that there is an entire subgenre of films where underachievers date out of their leagues, i.e.: "Some Kind of Wonderful" and "Knocked Up" and the one that keeps Rick awake at night, "Say Anything".

www.vidtheque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment