Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rebenga!

So, um, yeah, the thing is this, this week I went to the ER and I got my stitches taken out. Ever since then I've been leaving stuffing everywhere I go. When Raggedy Ann found out that I had them taken out, she called me a dumba**, but I just tell her that the road to success will be paved with my innards. She can be kind of a b**** sometimes, but she means well.

NEW RELEASES 05/20:

THE CAR:
This was bound to happen with Josh Brolin's recent sucesses, old James Brolin sh** is getting put out. This 1970's PG variation of the demon car theme is now out on DVD. Demonizing people or things makes it easy to justify whatever it is you want to do. Perhaps the driver of this car was just having a bad day and was running over people on accident, repeatedly. So what? But if you demonize the car, it makes it perfectly okay to blow it up, when in reality, it would be much more healthy to just sit down and have a heart-to-heart.

DIARY OF THE DEAD:
George A. Romero is back and older than ever behind the camera in this the fifth or so movie in the "Living Dead" series. In the previous one, "Land of the Dead" the zombies were smarter, this time they're keeping diaries and I think that's great! From what I read up on in my thorough research, in this one, a group of film students run into the Blair Witch ... errr ... I mean, the zombies. I went to film school and if some zombies had shown up, we could've called it a straight swap.

MEETING RESISTANCE: You know in "Fight Club" when they take things up a notch and become Project Mayhem? Well, this makes that look like "Newsies". A couple journalists-turned-filmmakers spent years searching for the answer to the question, who are these people in Iraq, blowin' sh** up? Turns out it's the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker.

NATIONAL TREASURE 2 - BOOK OF SECRETS: Back in the olden days when the first "National Treasure" came out on DVD it was the type of thing that I probably would've watched, but at the time my coworker bogarted it so I didn't get a chance to see it. At the time, I was sad, but now I am grateful and I saw trailers for this one and now I think this man needs to be stopped, or there at least needs to be some sort of intervention or something. He's kind of been out of control ever since "Moonstruck" and "Raising Arizona".

SLOGAN:
This 1969 film stars Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin falling in love, I guess both on and off camera. I wouldn't know what that's like, so I will have to watch this movie and take copious notes and possibly cry.

SQUARE PEGS - THE COMPLETE SERIES: I used to watch this with my sister back in the olden days when she used to speak to me, back before the incident. Anyway, it was so long ago, all that I remember is the Halloween episode. All I remember of several television shows from that era are the Halloween episodes, I think mainly 'cause I was wondering why it was so dark and windy all the sudden. I do miss Tracy Nelson quite a bit, though.

STRANGE WILDERNESS: In this new sampling from the Happy Madison camp Steve Zahn is a wildlife TV show host who decides to hunt down Bigfoot in order to bolster his ratings. I have a strange feeling this movie would've been more entertaining before Steve Irwin took a bullray stinger to the heart.

ALSO OUT NOW:

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium
What Did You Do in the War, Daddy?
The Willow Tree

Some Came Running
Georges Melies: First Wizard of Cinema (1896-1913)
Harry Langdon ...The Forgotten Clown


SIDEWALK UPDATE

The dudes that were messing up the sidewalk before put some bricks around the trees and also put in lightposts like "Singin' In The Rain" but instead of someone dancing on them, some dumb kid is probably gonna tag on them. Now they're jackhammering across the street so Buster's looks like the old west.

www.vidtheque.com

(The views expressed here do not represent the views of anyone ... hey, uh, yeah, so could you please stop using the DVDs as a foot rest. This means you. Somebody may need to handle them one day and then eat finger foods, mkay? Thanks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment