Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get Cathy and Lydia out of here!

So, anyway, today when I woke up I looked out my window and birds were hopping around and chirping so I felt like as if I was in that movie "Enchanted" and I was like, today on the ol' blog I'll list a bunch of movies with birds in them. And then I got to the point I'm at now and I'm thinking, that would be a lot of work, so, uh, no.

THIS 08/05:

BIOGRAPHY - BARACK OBAMA (ELECTION UPDATE EDITION): So, some liberals came in and suggested that we should get in some "progressive" or liberal documentaries to offset our collection of right wing propaganda, so we brought this title in to pacify them.

CARMEN: I think Carmen was the name of a Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's character in "The Color of Money" and it seems whenever I see a cover for any version of "Carmen," Carmen's chest seems to be prominently displayed, so with those three things going for it, I can say without even seeing it that this verison starring the housekeeper from "Spanglish" is going to be off the heazzzy!

THE COUNTERFEITERS: Are you like me? Do you sometimes want to do a double feature of "To Live and Die in L.A." and "Schindler's List" but you don't have the time? I know I do! This film will hit the spot in that case and save your valuable time.


EXECUTIONER'S SONG: This is an oldie but a goodie starring the warden from "Natural Born Killers". Find out what was playing on TV when you were seeing "E.T." in the theater by renting this one!

THE FIRST OLYMPICS: ATHENS 1896: This is an oldie but a goodie. Are you like me? Do you like to scream and punch walls? I know I do! Now you can watch David Caruso do it too in this 1984 miniseries about the first Olympics after they restarted the Olympics after the first Olympics were a thing of the past. I don't know what I just said. Find out what was on TV when you were watching "Finders Keepers" in theaters by renting this one!

LOVE STORY: No, no! Not that mushy Ryan O'Neal movie. This movie is about the band Love. If you don't know the band Love you need to get into them. 'Cause if there's one thing this lonely life has taught me it's that if nobody loves you, you can find love by either renting or purchasing it.

MY BROTHER IS AN ONLY CHILD: I kinda don't like when the movie makers do this, they make up a title that makes absolutely no sense just to get you curious like that ... that "Back to the Future!" Egads! Anywhoo ... this is an Italian film that I glanced briefly at the synopsis of to try and figure out what it was about so I could spew something trite. I gather it's about a love triangle of some kind. If there's one thing this lonely life has taught me, it's that if you can't get a girlfriend, you should steal your brother's girlfriend.


NIM'S ISLAND: I think my Abigail Breslin-lash is setting in with the release of this gem. Nim Rusoe, rhymes with Robinson Crusoe, very inventive, guys, anywhoo ... Nim lives on a deserted island with her scientest father. They
are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off to kill each other in a no-holds-barred game to the death. They have three days to kill each other. The one who survives wins. And then Nim emails Nell and asks for murder tips. The email reads exactly as follows:

"Dear Nell, Whuddup, dog? Tryin' to kill the old man in a duel to the death. This geezer just will not kick the bucket. Do you have any suggestions? Sincerely, Nim Rusoe. P.S. My name was made up in a story meeting by desperate writers who had 'The Secret of Nimh' and 'Robinson Crusoe' on the melon."

WIRE IN THE BLOOD: PRAYER OF THE BONE: No, no! Not "Play it to the Bone," and ... No, no! Not "Prayer of the Roller Boys!" This movie follows the fifth season of the British crime series "Wire in the Blood" I haven't watched it yet, but it's really popular with the kids.

THAT:
Bizet - Carmen / Jordan, McVicar, von Otter, Haddock, Glyndebourne Festival Opera
Blueprint For Murder + Man In the Attic
Bloodhounds of Broadway
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Season 3
Buzzcocks: Hamburg 81: Auf Wiedersehen
Diary + The White Castle + Bert Schierbeek/The Door + Vietnam Opera
Dvorak - Rusalka / Robert Carsen, James Conlon - Fleming, Urbanova, Diadkova, Larin, Opéra de Paris
Fuzz: Sound That Revolutionized the World
The Girl Next Door
Giuseppe Verdi: Falstaff
Handel - Tamerlano / Jonathan Miller, Trevor Pinnock - Bacelli, Randle, Pushee, Norberg-Schulz, Bonitatibus, Abete - Händelfestspiele Halle
Heroes of the East
The Last Winter
Johnny Hallyday Live 1960-69
Help Me Eros
The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting + The Suspended Vacation
It's the Pied Piper, Charlie Brown
Kirikou et Les Betes Sauvages
Laird
Long Live Pakistan
Lucky Me
Man, Woman, and the Wall
Metropolitan Opera: Centennial Gala
The Millionairess
Mongolian Ping Pong
The Mummy Returns
My Bloody Valentine + April Fool's Day
The New Ice Age + Four Walls + Velocity 40-70 + The Wall + Springtime: Three Portraits
Paris A L'Aube + Blind Child + Beppie + Herman Slobbe/Blind Child 2 + Big Ben/Ben Webster in Europe + The Spirit of the Time + The Cat
Phone Call from a Stranger
The Pom Pom Girls + The Van
Princes and Princesses
The Running Man
The Tale of Tsar Saltan
An Unsuitable Job for a Woman
Vampira The Movie
Voltron
The Wedding Night
What Would Jesus Buy?

THE OTHER:

Many, but not all, of the awesome staff members at the 'theque have new recommended sections. Here they are in particular order:

Grace's pix Body Health + Image: Grace got the idea for this section by watching me. In this section you will see awesome movies about people who are awesome because of their body health and or image like "Pilates for Indie Rockers," "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter something or other," and "Thin."

Mario's pix Your Friends are Your Worst Enemies: It's awesome, it's like Mario's tapped into my brain waves or something. He's got three movies in his section, "American Me," "Donnie Brasco," and "Le Trou."

Biz Mark A's pix Here Come the Stereotypes!: Always original, Biz Mark A trashed his last section 'cause it was derivative of someone else's section which he hadn't previously known about, which was derivative of someone else's section, so now he's got a whole new section of awesome movies that are derivative of other movies that were derivative, or something like that. I honestly don't know what's going on in his section, where you'll find such titles as "The Host" and "Gone with the Wind," and "Deliverance."

Rick's pix People I Relate With: Not awesome! Rick has selected films with characters he identifies with to no end, such films as "The Elephant Man," "Heavy," and "Forrest Gump."

www.vidtheque.com

...so, thanks to popular demand, this will be the last blog I will ever write.

No comments:

Post a Comment