Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You've proved you can be rude, now what do you want?

Often times people will say to me, "Hello, Rebecca Dylan, what new things did you learn this week?"

Well, I learned many a great thing.

I learned that the other girls at school are talking behind my back. They say I have a huge forehead and I sweat too much. And I'm like, whatever. I told my butler this. He said to tell them, "What difference does it make to you if I have a huge forehead and sweat a lot, you damn idiots?!"

Anywhoo, I also learned a lot about genre. Mother says that it's French and means "kind" or "sort" and that you can classify books, movies, plays, and so on in different genres, for example if a story is a romantic drama, they can go in the romantic drama section and so on.

I was sharing this newfound knowledge with my friend and cello player who also frequents Videotheque. She insists that genre is conditional based on how easy it is to shelve an item in a given genre. For example, if there's a sci-fi movie, but the sci-fi section is filled to overflowing, you can just shelve it wherever. So, if you want to find a movie at Videotheque, don't bother looking, just go straight to the counter and demand it. Don't even ask, don't be like, "Do you know where 'Back to the Future' is?" Just be like, "I want 'Back to the Future' and I want it now!" That's what they're there for, the clerks, they have to get the movie for you. It's their job.

I also learned that my friends like to point fingers.

I also learned that suicide isn't the answer. I think if you're feeling suicidal you should get some Bon Bons and some French milled soap and take a long bath and then take a nap. If that doesn't help, you have some serious problems that might call for some Haagen Daaz and a masseuse.

NEW RELEASES 08/26:

CHICAGO 10: I know what you're thinking, you're like, "Uhhh ... okay ... I saw 'Chicago,' where's 'Chicago's 2 through 9'?" Well, this isn't like that. This is like "Leonard Part 6" or "Girl 6" where they didn't bother to make the prequels. If you care at all about the Democratic National Convention, you should really watch this. You can read A.O. Scott's review of this film and basically change everything to mean the opposite that it does in his and that's how I feel about this film. Then you can take his review as is and apply it to him, rather than the film, and that would be my review of A.O. Scott.

ENTOURAGE - SEASON 4: I haven't seen this show because I prefer doing homework to watching TV. Also, mother loves this show, but I suspect that it's simply filling a void left by father who always works late. Regardless, Adrian Grenier is in this and I think he's sexy.

MY SASSY GIRL: I wanted to see this movie but couldn't because it coincided with an important ballet recital that I had. My butler knew that I wanted to see it and he claims that it's a U.S. remake of a Korean film. He cited something about a script shortage in the U.S. that is causing them to have to remake films from overseas. He also says that Elisha Cuthbert is F-I-N-E and I should be ashamed of myself for missing it, which makes me question whether or not I should tell father to rethink his employment.

THE PASSION OF THE MAO: This is the fourth film in the passion series, there was "the Christ," then "the Jew," then "Greg the Bunny," and now this one. Who knew there was so much passion to go around. You wouldn't know it just by walking down the street. They should make a fifth one called, "The Passion of Checking your Blind Spot," and make it required viewing for everyone I encountered on the road yesterday. Apparently this is a documentary that points out the funnier side of communism. Which reminds me...

Sad that the Olympics are over? Fill that void. Rent some other movies that take place in China, like for example, "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices."

THE REAL MCCAIN: This is the sequel to "The Real McCoy" starring Kim Basinger and Val Kilmer. Just kidding. This is a documentary from the Robert Greenwald camp about the man that father is going to vote for. To be nice, I rented it for father. He scoffed at it and didn't watch it and instead said that he remembered something he had to do at the office and then he left the house late at night. Our butler saw it sitting around the house and watched it and he later came to me while I was working on my AP homework and asked if I was the one who had rented it. When I told him it was me, he told me to keep up the good work.

REDBELT: I stay up late some nights watching UFC. I don't like sports or fighting, but I do enjoy UFC, because on its most basic level it is big sweaty guys in boxer shorts hugging, which I love. If you are a fan of UFC you will probably punch a wall if you try and watch this David Mamet film which deals less with fighting and more with these things most people haven't heard of called loyalty and compassion.

THE SHIELD - SEASON 6: When I'm not watching UFC to see guys hug each other in their boxers, I like to watch this show because it stars the Commish and he has a sexy bald head. Guys with bald heads are sexy. They are probably the sexiest thing on the planet. I love them.

ALSO AVAILABLE:
Best of Both Worlds Concert: The 3-D Movie
Frontline: The Persuaders
Justin Timberlake: Futuresex/Loveshow Live from Madison Square Garden
The Last Detective - Series 4
Magnificent Obsession
Paul Leni's The Man Who Laughs
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-ray)
Please Vote for Me
Popeye the Sailor: 1933-1938, Vol. 1
Sudden Manhattan

www.vidtheque.com

...and that's why the violin is such an amazing instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment