Monday, April 27, 2009

New Releases for April 28th, or I Don't Know What Else To Say...

I have to make a confession. Outside of these blogs and working at the Vidyatheque, I have a life. I know, I know. I can't believe it myself. Well, the other day, I hopped on the Redline toward Little Tokyo for the prospect of buying cheap Kirin-Ichiban. While at the market, I spotted Gourmet Cheetoes from Japan. I first thought mine eyes had deceived me, but no, it was real. It was truly a gift from the Zeus himself, wrapped in a Polymer bag.

Alright, so let me be honest for once. Cheetoes aren't that great. I really got these for the novelty aspect. I was very much pleaseatly surprised when these didn't just taste like cheese powder and sodium. This actually had an odd taste to them. It was just a little bit sweet but had an actual cheese taste to it. The texture was completley different to an American Cheetoe. It was a little bit softer than the one from here. It wasn't bad, just different. I still like my chips to have a very strong crunch to them. It's what makes a good chip. If you ever happen to stumble upon these babies, I say you buy it and eat it. It was a little bit pricy, but it truly was a good bag of Cheetoes.

NEU RELEASES:

Bride Wars: My dream since I was a young boy was to become a bride. Since California voted yes on prop 8, this isn't going to happen. Why is it that California, a state that claims to be liberal, won't let me marry and voted for Schwarzenegger twice? Huh!? Why is that!?

Empire of Passion: This movie combines a couple of my favorite cinematic elements: sex and ghosts. Is there any more of a reason to get this film?

A Grin Without a Cat: Remember when people use to not be so apathetic toward world situations or political issues? I would, but I just don't care enough. This is one of those political films, but really, who cares? What you should care about is this: the possible appearance of cats in the film.

The Hit: When I heard "The Hit", I thought it was going to be a movie about stoners trying to buy a new bong. Zing! Just kidding! It's actually a pretty cool crime film with Terrance Stamp, Tim Roth, and John Hurt being cool guys who do cool stuff like kill Australians. There's also a small role by Bunuel alum, Fernando Rey.

Hotel for Dogs: The madness continues. Following in the tradition of Benji, Marley & Me, Space Buddies, Snow Buddies, Air Buddies, Santa Buddies, Rin-Tin-Tin, Cats & Dogs, Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Beethoven comes a movie about dogs. I've never seen a dog movie before. Also, the pack cover specifically mentions the film being "heart-warming". They could've used this for a golden dog related pun. They should've put "heart-worming" instead. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartworm

In the Realm of the Senses: No longer do you have to go on eBay and cough up a hundred bucks for a poor looking, non-anamorphic transfer of this infamous film! Finally, it has a decent release, on Criterion less! Why does this new edition get my seal of approval? It no longer has the Madonna quote saying "[It] turns me on because it's real". If you want to get turned on by unsimulated sex, I suggest looking else where, Ms. Madonna.

Johnny Got His Gun: A regular customer came in and was shocked and glad to hear that this was coming out. He said Videots had two copies, both were stolen and never replaced. Now, it's finally being bestowed upon man once again; encased in a disc with the diameter of 4.72 inches. This film has been suppressed for years because of it's pinko/commie viewpoint on war. Being a staunch Facist, I automatically hate this film. This shouldn't stop you from watching it. And for metal heads, there's a music video for Metallica's "One". I'm not sure what the context is to the film, but it's on the disc.

OTHER NEU RELEASES:

Alexandra
Cargo 200
City of Living Dead
Cold Eyes of Fear
Craving Desire
Danger UXB
Deadly Sweet
Exposed
Forever
Killer at Large
Mr. Deeds
O Amor Natural
Perfume of Yvonne
Red Cliff
Red Cliff II
Red Cliff II (Blu)
Revenge of the Crusader
Saint Francis
Scott Walker: 30th Century Man
Top Girl
Yella

THAT IS IT FOR THIS WEEK'S INSTALLMENT OF THE BLOG:


Peace!

www.vidtheque.com

MORAL OF THE WEEK:
Violence doesn't solve anything unless you hit the other guy harder.


I'm not sure what this photo means, but it feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment