Thursday, July 10, 2008

It was a run-by fruiting.

I would just like to take a moment to apologize to everyone I offended with my last blog entry. It was uncalled for and I'm sorry.

So, anyway, the thing is this, as promised here are the RECOMMENDED SECTIONS that I wanted to mention in the aforementioned offensive blog, but didn't due to time constraints:

GEORGE CARLIN: Now all my heroes are dead. It seems like George Carlin passed away and left behind a lot of stuff. Now all I have is this section which features the "Bill & Ted" movies, his stand-up, and some other stuff that the person who put the section together was too stupid to realize he was in. I often like to go around quoting George Carlin from "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" when he said, "Be excellent to each other," 'cause people I say that to just give me a look like I'm a big weirdo and then proceed to not be excellent to each other.

CYD CHARISSE: For some reason, up until this section was made, I didn't know the difference between Cyd Charisse and Telly Savalas. As it turns out Telly Savalas was a husky bald man, which is not sexy. And Cyd Charisse was a dancer and an actress, which is sexy. Basically I'm an idiot and everyone knows it. So, apparently like unsexy bald fat guys, sexy dancer/actresses are also mortal, so she's no longer with us much like His Eminence Mr. Carlin. So you can enjoy her in movies such as "Brigadoon," and "Band Wagon," and "Ziegfeld Follies."

Grace's Pix My Family's Favorites (from all 5 of my siblings +me!): G-dawg's pix take a turn for the personal as she recommends movies that come highly recommended from her next of kin like "Clueless," "Mrs. Doubtfire," "The Princess Bride," and my pick, "Better Off Dead," as I am a sibling of hers.

Mario's Pix Get On Your Bike and Ride: This is an oldie but a goodie from the Mario camp featuring movies that feature bicycles featuring bicyclists like "Pedal" and "Beijing Bicycle" and "Bicycle Thieves." Bi-cycle. Bi-cycle. Bicycle Thieves are savages. You shouldn't steal things, you savages. Unless you're in post-war poverty-stricken Rome, which you're not. You could probably walk to an Orange Julius in 5 minutes, so you don't need to steal bikes, lazy.

Rick's Pix Don't Be Crude: In concert with Mario's pix, Rick's pix feature films about post-peak oil, that's right, a dwindling resource being sucked dry like as if it were 1994 over here. Anywhoo, seems like just yesterday I was identifying Rick's dead corpse in the Area 51 morgue. I swung by there last weekend when I went to Lake Havasu for my girlfriend's wedding. So it seems particularly odd that he has a posthumous recommended section. Apparently someone asked him too many questions in quick succession faster than he could answer them individually and his microchips overloaded and shorted out.

I think those are all the new recommended sections since the last time the recommended sections were mentioned.

www.vidtheque.com

...and that's why even though I hate it when people say, "anywhoo," it's okay for me to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment