Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The girl with the future I can't see, enters my life.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if things were different for us. A lot of times I just feel like giving up because most people are so mean, and I probably would have given up this week, but just knowing that you're out there and that it matters to you has kept me going.

We should probably meet up sometime and maybe spend the morning at the beach, taking long walks, then go have a light lunch at a nice restaurant, then got to a museum in the afternoon, then go to a nice restaurant for dinner, then maybe catch a picture at the picture show and go for a long walk and talk about the day we had, whilst holding hands.

Afterwards, if we hit it off, you could come back to my place and I could show you my My Little Pony collection and we could play Chutes and Ladders or Candyland and you could braid my hair while I comb the hair of my Monchhichi.

NEW RELEASES 09/30:

AN AUTUMN AFTERNOON: So, apparently Yasujiro Ozu passed away and this was his final film. Kind of like the way Doug Liman passed away shortly after making "Swingers." A pastime of the kids nowadays is to read over my shoulder whilst I'm doing my research and development for the uh ... blog. While I was looking up "An Autumn Afternoon" to see what it was about since I haven't seen it because I've never watched a subtitled movie in my whole life because I can't read or write, my coworker saw that I was reading about this movie and he said that he thought it was off the heazzzy and that he liked it and said that I should write about it in the uh ... blog. I told him I would. He told me that I wouldn't and that I was lying.

BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER*: This is kind of like people who binge-eat Big Macs and then get mad at Donald King for making them fat. This documentary is about people who take anabolic steroids so that they can be like the man you elected to be Governor, and now regret it because their muscles are permanently flexed. This is like me, I take blogabolic steroids to enhance my blog writing and it's destroying my body.

CSNY / DEJA VU: This is CSI NY where all of tomorrow's crimes are solved today by a guy who has a subscription for tomorrow's issue of the NY Post, so he knows when a crime is going to happen and then he goes there and waits for the crime to occur so that he can investigate the freshest possible forensic evidence ... oh, wait ... my coworker, reading over my shoulder just told me that this is actually a Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young concert. Good thing he or she was reading over my shoulder.

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL: Once in a lifetime a movie comes along that just speaks to you on every possible level, and you say to yourself, tearfully, "That ... that's why the uh ... cinema was invented." Such is the case with "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I related with the main character a lot, but only when things weren't going his way. All the parts where good things happen for him, I didn't relate at all. I also related a lot with the guy from "Superbad," but only when things aren't going well for him. All the parts where good things happen for him, I didn't relate at all.

IRON MAN: I missed this movie because I read somewhere that it's actually not good for men to have too much iron in their diet. But a lot of people like this. They're bandwagoning the ol' Robert Downey, Jr. all the sudden. I liked Robert Downey, Jr. even back when he was throwing stuff out the window of his Porsche and waking up in strangers' homes.

TAXI TO THE DARK SIDE: So, apparently when you pulpify someone's legs it kills them, which is disappointing 'cause I know when I arrest someone for nothing, first thing I like to do is pulpify them in an effort to get information from them about things they know nothing about. This is by the director of "Enron: the Smartest Guys in the Room" which explains why your power was going out so much in 2002 and why you hate Gray Davis so much. I thought that one was off the heazzzy. I mostly thought "Taxi to the Dark Side" was off the heazy, too, but there was a brief tangent that seemed almost like a campaign commercial for the guy you're going to vote for in November so it left me feeling confused and dirty. But if you enjoy pulpified non-fiction, and feeling confused and dirty, I think you will enjoy this. I know I did!

THE UNFORESEEN: So, you see, the thing is this, I guess there's a spring-fed river in Texas and this real estate developer wanted to pulpify the environment by developing some real estate, then I guess people protested the pulpifying of the environment and comedy ensued. Just kidding, comedy doesn't ensue, but Robert Redford does. I missed this movie on account of I was too busy pulpifying my environment, but you can watch it!

ALSO AVAILABLE:

$ (Dollars)
9 to 5
25 Mozart Favorites
Affair in Trinidad
Angela Gheorghiu - Live from Covent Garden
Ballet Shoes
Beaufort
The Beggar's Opera
Design 2
Fire Over England
The Garment Jungle
The Godfather (Blu-ray)
The Godfather Part II (Blu-ray)
Handel - Ariodante
Handel's Water Music
Hollywood Rocks the Movies: 1960s Parts 1 & 2
Impressions of Coltrane
Justice League - Season 1
Kiri Te Kanawa - Home & Afar
Mario Lanza
Mother of Tears
Mumia Abu-Jamal: A Case for Reasonable Doubt?
Orphans
Sex Pistols: Anybody Got A Safety Pin?
Tosca's Kiss - Il Bacio di Tosca
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Ghost Of Christmas Eve
Yoga For Every Body

OCTOBER SALE: On Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday! in October Videotheque is having a Rent 1 Get 1 Free sale. What part of "Free" don't you understand? You should come in and take advantage of this opportunity by renting one movie and getting the other one free.

Like for example, let's say for a long, long time there's been an Al Pacino movie you kind of wanted to watch, but you didn't want to pay your hard earned dollar on it because in your opinion his acting is over-the-top and therefore his movies should not exist, but you still want to watch it anyway, now you can get it without paying for it and only pay for the movie that you feel does have a right to exist.

Now, you're probably asking yourself what to do the rest of the week. Well, during that time you can pay for the movies that you do feel have a right to exist and in your spare time, maybe look up "opinion" in the dictionary and consider the fact that films are a subjective art form and what appeals to other people might not appeal to you and it doesn't make it a bad movie.



RECOMMENDED SECTIONS:

On Saturday morning, I got up real early to watch "Quintet" while having the same breakfast that I have every day, which is Newman's Own Premium Dry Dog Food smothered in Newman's Own Two Thousand Island Dressing as if it were cereal. While I was contemplating the inclusion of High Fructose Corn Syrup in the ingredients on the back of a carton of Newman's Own Lemonade, I had the TV on in the background, when the news came over the wire that PAUL NEWMAN was deceased on account of the old cancer. A piece of Premium Dry Dog Food rolled off my lower lip as I dropped the remote and cried, "Oh, hell no!"

So to thank Mr. Newman for his career of fine cinema and lifetime of philanthropic achievements and fast driving; and as a symbolic F you to cancer, Videotheque has compiled a recommended section of Paul Newman movies by moving the Paul Newman section a whole 15 feet and across two aisles. F you cancer!

I personally am of the belief that he's faking it, possibly to get out of some student loan debt.

The staff of Videotheque also has their own recommendations, including those staff members with sensitive hands. They include:

France Gall's pix La vie, ce n'est plus le kif: As you well know, I had 3 years of French 1, so I know what this means. It says, "Life or something like it," like that Angelina Jolie movie we all know and love. In this section, you'll find such enduring classics as "Double Suicide" and "Suicide Club" and "Girl on the Bridge." I'm at a loss for what the theme is. Sometimes I wish people would just say what's on their mind.

Mark 2's pix Set it for Cruise Control: Mark 2 went and saw "Tropic Thunder" and was so impressed with Tom Cruise's portrayal of a scumbag where he played a real, real scumbag, super scumbag. Like if the guy he had been playing were pulpified, he'd be a pulpified scumbag. Anywhoo, in Mark 2's section you'll find as much Tom Cruise as we can muster, under the sun, including such films as "Jerry Maguire" and "Cocktail" and "Lions for Lambs," so, if you like a good Tom Cruise movie from time to time, this section is sure to delight. If you hate Tom Cruise, it might be good to remember that that's just an opinion and that what doesn't appeal to you may still appeal to other people.

Mario's pix Your Friends are Your Worst Enemies: This section may've been up there the last time I mentioned the recommended sections, but it deserves to be pointed out again as this section has been renting like hotcakes, kind of like your mama's pajamas. But I digress. Anyway, his section was inspired by all my friends. In here, you'll find such titles as "Marathon Man" and "Heathers" and "Purple Noon."

Rick's pix Long Distance Relationships: Rick is the reason everything bad happens. He's a failure and clearly not Videotheque material. So, the thing is this, you see, Rick's section is all films with snipers in them. Get it?!?! I do! In his section you'll find your sniperiffic favorites such as "Shooter" and "Day of the Jackal" and "Smokin' Aces". So maybe peruse the section, and if you see any films you don't like there, tell Rick you hate the film and that because you don't like it, no one else should because your opinion is fact.

Stay tuned for later in the month when there should be an unheavenly host of horrors in the recommended section as we prepare for the uh ... Halloween.

Peace and Love, y'all!


www.vidtheque.com

...and that's why four signs might be three too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment